I stand aloaf

And C (flatmatie and best friend) finally gets her chocolate pound cake...
heheh.. sorry for always getting distracted and emerging from the kitchen with anything BUT chocolate pound cake (even though I always say that's what I'm making when I first step in)
I have to stop being so self-congratulatory.. (maybe after this entry!!) but it really tastes quite good! hahah...

Chocolate Pound Cake
modified from a great blog, a spoonful of sugar
which was in turn modified from "Chocolate and The Art of Low-Fat Desserts"
125g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 tbsp coffee powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g yoghurt
100g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
Position the rack in lower-third of oven and preheat to 180 C.
Combine and sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, powder and salt. Set aside. Whisk the whole eggs with the egg whites in a small bowl. Set aside. Dissolve the espresso powder in 1 1/2 tbsp warm water and combine with the vanilla and yoghurt in a small bowl.
Beat the butter, adding sugar gradually. Gradually pour eggs into sugar mixture.
Pour in half the dry mixture, and gradually dribble in half of the yoghurt mixture. Use a wooden spoon and fold in the rest of the dry mixture and yoghurt mixture
Scrape batter into the pan and smooth the top as necessary. Bake loaf for 45-50 mins, or until cake starts to shrink from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out barely clean. Do not overbake.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home