Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Up to my ears with orange and plum muffins

I'm never going to bake when I've got no friends in town... the joy of baking is in the giving... cos otherwise, you have to eat it all by yourself!

C's out of town, and both Jases are busy... so I ended up eating one muffin a day - FOR A WEEK!!!

The only reason why I didn't have to stretch it over the next weekend was because I fortuitously gave away 2 muffins each to the ah soks guarding our building in the morning before I left for meetings... hehehe... He's already seeing the gas man up to our doorstep and brings our letters to our front door even though we have a mail box -- cos we made him coffee one cold winter afternoon... (and I buy him a dan tat (custard pie) or po lo bao (pineapple bun) whenever I come back early from afternoon meetings, now and then)... maybe now he'll make sure they take off their shoes and call me miss before they step into my house!

I baked them in two batches on two mornings... Anyway, true to form, I've got so many things in the fridge, eaten to half portion.. like 2 plums.. half a cabbage... 2 straw mushrooms etc... I decided to use up the plums and cut them into the second batch.. quite nice!

I used Nigella Lawson's recipe for orange muffins and added a two tablespoons of pomelo honey (as in the syrup for the drink)... very nice!

IMG_2759

... and here's an aerial view:

IMG_2760

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home